Kalinichenko Vira Ihorivna
Kalinichenko Vira Ihorivna
Candidate of Philological Sciences, Head of the Chair of Foreign Languages for Professional Purposes of Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University
In 2007 she graduated from Volodymyr Vynnychenko Kirovohrad State Pedagogical University with honors, earning the qualification: “Master of Pedagogical Education, Teacher of English and Foreign Literature.”
During 2008 – 2011, she was a full-time postgraduate student at Volodymyr Vynnychenko Kirovohrad State Pedagogical University, majoring in 10.02.17 – “Comparative-Historical and Typological Linguistics.”
She successfully defended her dissertation “Peculiarities of Verbalization of the Concepts SUCCESS-FAILURE in English and Ukrainian” in June 2013 to earn the degree of Candidate of Philological Sciences.
1. Active participation in the collegial administrative bodies of the University:
– 2017-2020 (June) – Acting Secretary of the Commission on Academic Integrity and Corporate Ethics of Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University;
– 2018-2021 – a member of the Academic Council of Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University (according to the quota of the Faculty of Foreign Languages);
– 2017-2020 (June) – a member of the Scientific and Technical Council Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University.
2. Since 2018 she is a full member of UALTA (Ukrainian Association for Language Testing and Assessment / All-Ukrainian Association of Language Testing and Assessment, Taras Shevchenko Institute of Philology, Kyiv National University).
3. During 2015-2019, she was the coordinator of the project “English for Universities Project” from Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University. The national project was organized with the support of the British Council in Ukraine. She actively participated in British Council symposia and presented the results of the University’s participation in the Project.
4. Since 2016, she is a Chief Editor for the English-language book of abstracts of the annual International Scientific and Practical Conference for Students, Postgraduates and Young Researchers “Topical Issues of Humanities, Technical and Natural Sciences.” The conference is conducted in English.
5. She has an C1 level proficiency in English confirmed by APTIS certificate (British Council in Ukraine). She offers courses in English to undergraduate and graduate students.
6. Her scientific interests comprise cognitive linguistics, comparative linguistics, as well as methods of teaching a foreign language, and ESP.
7. In November 2018, she completed an internship in English language teaching within the program “Erasmus + Staff Mobility for Training at Cardiff Metropolitan University, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
8. During 2017-2019, she was a member of the editorial board of the scientific journal “Typology of Linguistic Meanings in Diachronic and Comparative Aspects” (published by the Faculty of Foreign Languages of Vasyl Stus DonNU). The collection is included in the List of scientific professional publications of Ukraine in accordance with the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine № 1714 dated 28.12.2017 (December 2019 inclusive).
9. In April 2020 she joined the Organizing Committee of the All-Ukrainian Online English Olympiad for students majoring in Computer Science at the Vasyl Stus DonNU (Department of Foreign Languages), Igor Sikorsky NTUU KPI (English for Humanities Chair) and Yuri Fedkovych National University (Chair of Foreign Languages for Natural Sciences).
10. In March 2020 she served as Deputy Chairman of the Jury of the II stage of the All-Ukrainian Student Olympiad in English for higher education institutions of Ukraine for non-English majors (according to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine № 1580 from 17.12. 2019, based on the Faculty of Foreign Languages of Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University).
11. In 2020 she took an active part in a joint workgroup of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the British Council in Ukraine and representatives of the Free Economic Zone of Ukraine within the project “POLICY FOR ENGLISH”. The group drafted methodological recommendations for Ukrainian free economic zones on the implementation of the “Conceptual Principles of State Policy for the Development of the English Language in Higher Education” developed by the British Council and the Ministry of Education and Science in July 2019.
12. In April 2021, she was a member of the Jury for the second round of the All-Ukrainian competition of student research papers in specialization 035.04 “Germanic languages (English, German)”.
She published more than 35 scientific works.
Her most representative publications include:
- Awards, certificates, and distinctions for high achievements in scientific, educational, and methodical work.
- November 2019 – Certificate of Merit from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (“For dedicated work, significant contribution to the training of highly qualified specialists and scientific and pedagogical activities”).
- May 2019 – Certificate of Merit from the Rector Prof. R.F. Gryniuk of Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University (“For significant contribution to science on the occasion of Science Day”).
- May 2018 – Certificate of Appreciation from the Rector Prof. R.F. Gryniuk of Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University (“For significant educational and scientific innovations, education of the young generation of specialists, active contribution to positive image of Stus University on the occasion of the 81st anniversary of DonNU named after Vasyl Stus”).
- May 2017 – Certificate of Appreciation from the Education and Science Department of Vinnitsa Regional State Administration (“For dedicated work, significant contribution to the education of the younger generation. On the 80th anniversary of the founding of DonNU named after Vasyl Stus”).
- May 2016 – Certificate of Appreciation from the Executive Committee of Vinnitsa City Council (“For high professionalism, significant contribution to the education and upbringing of educated youth, training of professionals and on the occasion of the University Day”, Decision of 19.05.2016 № 1159).
- May 2015 – Certificate of Appreciation from the Rector of Donetsk National University prof. R.F. Hryniuk for 3rd place in the university competition “Young Scientist of 2014” in the nomination “Best Young Scientist” in the humanities (Order № 170/05 from 22.05.2015).
Advanced Certificates and Trainings:
Linguistic seminar “Key Problems of Germanic and Romance Linguistics” (54 hours, Lesia Ukrainka East European National University, Faculty of Foreign Philology, 2020).
“ESP CIVELT” workshops and courses on the methods of teaching English for professional purposes within the project of the British Council in Ukraine “English for Universities Project” (114 hours, British Council in Ukraine, 2015-2018).